The Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) is pleased to announce the “Confucius Institute Scholarship” (CIS) at East China Normal University (ECNU) which will be awarded to Non-Chinese who are willing to pursue a degree program at ECNU.
This scholarship program is created to support outstanding students, scholars and currently employed Chinese language teachers recommended by Confucius Institutes, independently operated Confucius Classrooms as well as some HSK test centers (hereinafter to be collectively referred to as “recommending institutions”) to study in Chinese universities and colleges (hereinafter referred to as “host institutions”).
- April 20th (for those commencing in July),
- May 20th (for those commencing in September),
- September 20th (for those commencing in December) and
- November 20th (for those commencing in March 2020)
Eligible Countries: Non Chinese
Type: Doctorate, Masters & Undergraduate
Value Of Scholarships: The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full scholarship and partial scholarship. Full Scholarship consists of tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses; Partial scholarship covers tuition fee, accommodation fee, and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must;
- Be Non-Chinese citizens
- Be in good Physical and mental condition, well performed both academically and behaviorally
- Have Aspired to take future careers on the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language
- Be Between the ages of 16-35 on September 1st, 2019. Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers shall not exceed the age limit of 45, while undergraduate students shall not exceed the age limit of 25.
How To Apply:
- For application, please log on to the ECNU online application system and Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to register, complete the Application Form online, and upload the scanned copies of relevant supporting documents.
- Contact Recommending Institutions;
- Confucius Institutes and Confucius classrooms which have been in operation for more than six months. For more information, please refer to www.hanban.org.
- Testing centers for Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK which have the right to recommend Confucius Institute Scholarship candidates. For information, please refer to www.chinesetest.cn. (ECNU is eligible to recommend)
- Oversea organizers of Chinese Bridge Competition: education and cultural offices (groups) of China’s oversea embassies (consulates), Confucius Institute and relevant educational institutions. For further information, please consult email@example.com.
- Host institutions will review the eligibility of applicants (An interview is required for ECNU degree program applicants), and Hanban will conduct an overall assessment of all applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive selection.
- After confirming with the successful applicants, host institutions will post the Admission documents. The copy of the scholarship certificate can be print out from the CIS website.
Visit The Official Website For More Information